So we decided to (somewhat) even the score a bit as we launched into the message. Text for the public service announcement about HMS (a serious medical condition) is below:
Understanding HMS, will help us overcome it.
HMS typically affects males more than females and some symptoms include:
- a temporary inability to stand or walk
- selective amnesia
- partial blindness
- random vocalizations and plaintive cries for help
- lethargy and sudden narcoleptic drowsiness
- fascination with sporting events
- weakness in the hands, resulting in reduced ability to bring things to the kitchen
- dry mouth and odd requests for beverages
- inability to find scissors, or other things right in front of him
- loss of time
- inability to read simple "to do" lists
If you suspect your spouse or boyfriend suffers from HMS, or Helpless Man Syndrome, hope is not lost.
With medication and coping mechanisms, many men with HMS lead full and productive lives.
If you hear this:
Man Example: "Uh, honey? Do we have any duct tape?"
Or, perhaps more commonly...
Man Example: "Where is that big spoon? I thought we had a big spoon!"
And then he immediately falls asleep... your significant other may have undiagnosed HMS.
You're not alone. We can help.
This public service announcement made by the Foundation of Longsuffering Women Who Think that Men are Pretty Cute Anyway.