Hello Surgeons :)
We hope you are doing well as summertime winds down to a close... here are a few things going on with us:
- We're kicking off our Mystery Train series, with the Divine Mystery of Dating - it's going to be a great series of messages
- We're finalizing our backpack gathering for Longfellow Middle School - if you have backpacks and supplies please get them to us, we're planning to take them over in the next few days
- Our Youth Pastor Selma Nunes is sponsoring a work weekend in September when youth can serve for a weekend and have a great time doing it. The cost is $25 to cover gas and it's a great event. Talk to Selma if you know someone who may be interested
- Small groups are getting started! Talk to Emily, Dwaine or E to plug in, this is an amazing opportunity and you'll want to be a part of it
- Folks from the band recorded the song, "The Surge" that you heard this morning and that will be available to everyone who wants it in coming weeks
- We're continuing our "Mystery Train" series next week, with the Divine Mystery of Marriage
- Remember that if you're new, to fill out a connection card live or online... and if you're looking to get involved you can do that with an online form here
- We still have offering boxes in the back of the room... we love you a lot more than your money (truly)... but we do have bills and expenses and God will honor your generosity
That's it! Thanks everyone!
At The Surge we love doing things together... that includes writing a blog! Here are a few of our main contributing authors:
Amanda is a graduate of the University of Virginia, and is now starting an even better adventure. Her dad, Sam Wright, is the rockstar guitarist in the Surge worship band, and she likes to learn from his musical talent in her own songwriting.
Our fearless leader, Dwaine is the lead pastor at The Surge. His experience in counter terrorism with the CIA prepared him for ministry and he likes dogs and babies even more than E does.
E (short for Eric Reiss) is the Wingman at The Surge and likes dogs, music, Mexican food, his wife Karen and his little girl Evangeline... not necessarily in that order.